Katie MacGillivray L.M.F.T.
Katie is a licensed marriage and family therapist providing therapy for adolescents and adults, as well as couples and families. Working primarily from an emotionally-focused, client-centered background, Katie also utilizes strategies and practices from the cognitive behavioral therapy modality to assist clients in navigating life's challenges. Connecting with clients is top priority for Katie as she assists individuals and families develop coping skills for a range of issues. Depression, anxiety, addiction/codependency, identity and relationship struggles are areas of experience for Katie. She also has a personal interest in helping others dealing with grief and loss. Katie is a mother of three and ongoing student of all things wellness, psychology, parenting and relationship.
- Therapy with adolescents, adults, families and couples from an emotionally-focused therapeutic approach
- Utilizing cognitive behavioral tools and strategies to help bring about change
- Licensed in Marriage and Family Therapy by California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Pepperdine University, MA in Clinical Psychology
- Northwestern University, BS in Communication Studies
- Built a part-time private practice and provided therapeutic care to adolescents, adults and couples
- Worked in elementary school and college settings, providing academic and emotional support to students and families
- Conducted women's groups at a recovery center